Wednesday, June 28, 2006










When first I decide to be a painter, my folks told me to be an architect or a designer instead. Commonly, I guess...

Though, I choose my path as a painter. Yet I only do what I do and love best.....
And that's mean painting!




Born and raised in Palembang, Indonesia, have a great effect on me. I have grown as a person whose speak out my mind, and dare challenges. Come from a religious family, have made me want to know God more and more.....

It's reflect a lot in my art works. Not only paintings, often I explore another media too.....



Artworks description :
Title : Worship is Art
Medium : art installation;
Mixed media; fabric, video art, TV, CD player, Projectors
Size : 700 x 300 m
Year : 2002


The process of this artwork is from my performances that become a video-art and then display it in installation art. I make the storyboard and whole the plans and my friends help me to bring it up into artwork.


There are three part of action in the video-art :





First part is where I am a sad, frustration. A woman who become mad and more mad. Wearing a psycho outfit and struggling want to be free. Someone release me and I become really happy.







Part two; I am in the peace private room that I really enjoy it. I feel really comfortable and enjoy the space. I dance like I want, I sing like I want, I really enjoy it.

Then, it becomes really a daily routine and there is no meaningful anymore. And it has becomes ruined.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Vonny, it was just great to meet you in the exhibition in Singapore!
    I like your work very much, such colorful, creative and special! Everybody can see their own drawing, paintings and the feelings going from a bubbly, sparkling, animated and just full of life!!Keep going on this way, just the best,Silvan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 AM

    I see art.

    The masterpieces spoken much.
    About nature, about The Almighty, about emotions, about you.

    It's very nice, to (finally) seeing u get closer to what you dreamed of.

    Go for it.

    Every achievements of yours is my leaves a scratch in me.

    Keep going,
    Keep loving your God.

    He deserve it.
    You deserve it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    You're the best.

    You still are my best,
    Take care..

    ReplyDelete